20 December 2007

KOMBUCHA

i'm weeding out the alcohol from my life, for now, for different reasons... my new drink of choice is KOMBUCHA (gingerade or cranberry explosion) cuz it's divine for detox & for boosting my immune system... i'm posting this from my mobile so can't go thru the trouble of getting u links on KOMBUCHA so look it up cuz it's worth it (find it on www.blackle.com)... the fermented shroom aftertaste takes sum getting used to (but it reminds me of a drink I hated as a kid & now luv... ah nostalgia!)... anyhew, get sum (whole foods or wild oats) & try it! it will change ur life... big hug, m:)

ps: I need at least 2 bottles a day now to make my life a fuller one; kombucha is my new religion... wow, I started out catholic till I was 12 then jewish till I was 18 (well jewish school at least cuz israëlite students were not only sexier but wealthier, and the synagogue was more fun)... I have yet to explore my huguenot/protestant & russian/georgian orthodox sides; maybe when I get senile & embrace regression!)... to make a long story short it's now all about the kombucha!!! for balance, drink tons of water throughout... if ur like me & that sounds like too much of a task, try sparkling water (i alternate between perrier, pellegrino, gerolsteiner & my favorite: salty tasting but full of minerals APOLLINARIS)... if u prefer flat water, get some barley tea for coloring & flavor! azalea's xmas prezie to me was a trip to the korean supermarket for a huge box of barley tea bags (it has no caffeine/théine in it & helps ur body cleanse). lucky for me, I love the taste of barley, and even more how good it makes me feel...