04 March 2008

blog hiatus

unfortunately, i made the mistake of leaving my powerbook labtop & my canon camera laying around on the floor of my empty pad when the cleaning crew came in on monday morning. i simply grabbed my treo, walked to the next room (the laundry room) & let them alone in my place while i was sorting out the laundry going to goodwill & the salvation army. 2 hours later, the cleaning ladies denied ever seeing my labtop & camera there, and even allowed me to search their car but to no avail. i surprised them when i addressed them in spanish while i caught them wispering something about my labtop as they were leading me to their car. obviously they must have assumed i was just another dumb gringo. my landlady remembers seeing my belongings as she let them in but they insisted never seeing them or moving them, which was a lie. anyhew, i have filed a police report & am still waiting to hear from a detective. LA cops are the worst i've ever met. i honestly have better faith in the cops of supposedly corrupt places like venezuela, ecuador or morrocco where they've always been extremely nice & cooperative. i have accepted that i need to get a new labtop & camera, and will be blogging again when that happens. i might even need some of you to help me rebuild my iTunes library... sigh!!! also, chicho is spending the night at the vet. she has developped a skin rash that is related to her lowered immune system. they shaved all her fur, are cleaning out the skin, gave her a biopsy & blood tests... it was sad for me to see her completely zonked out while they were shaving her. i will know the results of her tests tomorrow, and hope curing her will be painless & easy...