09 January 2010

FLOWERS (10 MP3Z)


i'm back in el lay!

Photobucket

IT'S MADNESS - MP3
(Nosaj Thing remix of Daedelus)

HEAVY LOVE AFFAIR - MP3

(The Revenge rework of Marvyn Gaye)


LISZTOMANIA - MP3
(Doctor Rosen Rosen remix of Phoenix)


SHAKEDOWN STREET - MP3

(Tommie Sunshine edit of The Grateful Dead)

GET AROUND TO IT - MP3
(Arthur Russell)

I WANT YOU - MP3

(Alex Gopher remix of Dre Skull)


COPLAND - MP3

(Phinz)

ROCHE - MP3

(Breakbot remix of Sébastien Tellier)

THE FUCK SONG - MP3
(Cassian)

MAKE YOU MINE - MP3
(Breakbot)

i love Breakbot's song so much;
the Daedelus one is absolutely mad!

•••

THERE'S A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN!

on my way to Trader Joe's yesterday morning, i got pulled
over for rolling through a stop sign. the biker cop
asked me if i had seen the stop sign, and i told
him i had. i remember slowing down but i
didn't remember making a full stop.
he kindly confirmed with me that i didn't stop then asked
for my papers, but walked back to his motorcycle before
i got a chance to give them to him, so i got out of the
car to bring him what he asked for. he didn't ask me
to get back in the car; he TOLD me to, nicely though.
apparently, getting out of the car is a big no-no; it
can be perceived as a threat... when he got back to
my window, he asked for my full name then told
me he was Officer Flores. our moment then took
an unexpected turn. it went something like this:

cop:
"i tell you what, it's is my first day in the area and i'd like
to start on the right foot. i'll let you go this time,
but i don't want to catch you rolling
through a stop sign again!"

moi:
"whoa, that's nice, really?"

cop:
"do you want a ticket?"

moi:

"oh no!"

cop:
"do me a favor, tell your friends that i'm around now
& i'm going to keep a close eye on traffic. i just want
to make sure the neighborhood is safe
& that everyone follows the rules"

moi:
"ummm, okay, sure, i will. thank you officer.
happy new year!!!"

cop:

"have a nice day!"

(my cue to take off, blinker on & all!)


phew... just so you're warned, if you live in the area, watch out
around
Angus Street & Kenilworth Avenue where i got
my free pass. Officer Flores sounds serious!!!

i totally lucked out cuz rolling through a
stop sign will get you a ticket of ± $400.
i also found out through friends that in LA County, the 1st
ticket for being on your cell phone while driving is $175
& the 1st one for texting while behind the wheel
(including stopped car with engine on)
is $1000. the 2nd ones double;
the 3rd ones triple!!!


Photobucket

Officer Flores was no Poncherello! nevertheless, he was
handsome, soft spoken & polite... my very first interaction
with a LA cop in the mid nineties was a little more brutal.
i had just started at USC's film school, and didn't use a
crosswalk around Jefferson & Hoover. this particular
biker cop came speeding onto the sidewalk towards
me so i moved to the side cuz i didn't want to be in
the way of whatever emergency he was headed to,
but he kept coming in my direction & cornered me.
that cop was actually sexy, kinda buff, clean cut & tan
with shiny mirrored aviator sunglasses. it seemed fake.
like there had to be some candid camera somewhere!
being a bit scared & embarrassed but drawn to
him all at once was a little confusing... i had
never heard of
jaywalking or even the word itself
& learned it's what i had done to catch his attention.
my accent was thicker then & i was so puzzled that there
was such a thing as jaywalking that i started asking
him questions about it. maybe i got on his
nerves cuz he leaned over & said firmly:

"here in the U.S. of A. it is a crime!"

i'll never forget it!!! meanwhile, all i could do to keep my
eyes off him was to stare at the reflections of myself
in his sunglasses... with that warning,
i was free to carry on with my day!

I ♡ LAPD

anyhew, it's good to be back!!!
here are low-fi shots i took during the last 15
minutes of my west bound decent into LAX & home:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

get more tunes from the same upcoming
playlist
HERE & HERE & enjoy.
BON WEEKEND!