11 January 2011

rolling in the deep...

over the break in Miami, i was on such a 90s jungle trip. so it's fitting that this NEW REMIX (MP3) of Adele's unassuming song by Jamie Smith of The xx has officially become my absolute favourite one of 2011, so far... i've been playing it on repeat for a full week already!!! Jamie xx's tropicali 2-step garage vibe is reminiscent of the music i got into when drum'n bass died down in the late 90s & heartfelt crooners over chopped up house beats came back to transport me into a new millenium... anyhew, major props to Jamie xx for taking me back in such fresh fashion! i'm still amazed at how young members The xx are, yet they know so much & have such great taste. their songs impeccably remind me of many bands i i love without sounding like one in particular. Jamie xx does just the same with his remixes... brilliant!!! hopefully, Adele will eventually realize that getting much better producers will propel her dancefloor diva voice to no end; the original is too tame for my taste:

according to sources, Adele has credited Sarah Palin with the success of her career here in the US. Adele gave a performance on SNL a few years back where Sarah Palin made an appearance as a featured guest. During an interview with Attitude to promote her upcoming album 21 she was heard saying this: “Sarah Palin made my career by coming on that show. I saw the back of Sarah Palin, and I thought it was Tina Fey, and I fucking love Tina Fey, and I was, ‘Tina, Tina’. She didn’t even acknowledge me, she was just completely oblivious. Then Sarah Palin asked to come and meet me, and my gays were in the room, saying, ‘If she comes in, I’m leaving.’ She cornered me and said hello. And I had a massive Obama badge on my tit."