12 January 2008

eyey

tonight, after leaving the office of my head doctor, instead of heading home, i chose to go back to an a.a. (alcoholics anonymous) meeting, something i hadn't done since March 07, for several reasons... i was motivated to go, just like i had been for the past few weeks. what lead me not to bail on it this time, was that when i told a close friend of mine i was considering going, she told me she would join me there... she's an alcoholic as well, although much more functional than i am, yet her determination to come with me fueled my hunger to walk back into the rooms of a.a... i honestly didn't believe she would end up showing up but i did, just in case she would (what a gift!)... she ended up getting there before i even did & was waiting for me, trembling like i did the very 1st time i agreed to show up to one of those meetings... it was on robertson in west hollywood, which is the best a.a. meeting ever. the speaker has to have had at least 15 years of sobriety & his/her story is always sooo inspiring! anyhew, i'm so happy that she motivated me to commit to that meeting because it felt just like coming home!
after the meeting, we aimed for going to the movies but instead ended up at some andy warhol party where everyone was so wasted but we enjoyed the circus around & left only 30 minutes after we got there, hotties aside, & made it for one last stop at some cool gay bar to break up a sweat then head home once it got too messy for us... and here i am, in bed at 12:30 a.m. instead of making an ass of myself & having casual meaningless sex with just another hottie... although if i was in NYC with my romantic interest i would probably be getting drunk & high. everyone drinks sooo much in NY. fuck, i'm such an alkie!
so here i am, home, sober, sleepy & excited about waking up in the morning to pick up some fruit at the farmers market before heading out for an inspiring, soothing & cleansing stroll in maliboo with 2 of my favorite bitches: jeanie & chicho! in bed on a friday night as the city parties on. go figure! woohoo... to be continued...